Saturday 2 July 2016

Picture Post: 30 minutes at Neude

This morning I stood at Neude, a square in the City of Utrecht, for 30 minutes taking pictures of people cycling. In typical fashion of the Dutch weather this week it was hot and sunny when I arrived, rained heavily for about five minutes before the sun came back out again. Most people did not notice me taking their photo. Of those that did some smiled, a few waved or shouted hello but most just look bemused as to why I was taking their photo.

Below is a selection of those photos in the order I took them. A snapshot of people in Utrecht getting about by bike on a Saturday morning.
















































To read more about how Neude was transformed from a square dominated by motor traffic into a square dominated by people check out this blog post by Mark Wagenbuur

No comments:

Post a Comment